Pretty & The Chicken

I'm Pretty. He's Chicken.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Whoa it's been awhile!

Well, now that the sun is shining most of the day, the people are so busy that I haven't been able to get to the computer. Plus, there are sssooo many sun spots that I have to fully enjoy all of them. Anyhow, I thought I would tell all of you fellow fuzzies about our history with the people. I was born in a shelter. One day stinky and mama walked in and stinky picked me out. I got to go home with them a few days later. They lived in a barn (it was renovated) out in the country. I was alone most of the time during the day, so I got a little lonely. I was so happy to see the mama that I would cuddle with her all the time. She let me knead her neck like crazy and drool all over her. Sometimes, she still lets me do it :) About a month and a half after I was adopted, mama brought home Spike. He came from the shelter, too. It was so nice to have another fuzzy around. Spike and I used to cuddle everywhere we could fit. We used to chase mice around the barn when they would sneak in. Mama and stinky wouldn't let us keep them, though. One day, we moved out of the barn into a house in the suburbs. Boy was it noisy! The house had wood floors which was pretty fun when Spike and I used to play. There were lots of windows, too. There was a school across the street and we would watch all of these little people run around and laugh and be noisy. One time, another cat got into the garage, but it wouldn't let mama or stinky near it. I was sad. I think it just needed some love. Right before our second Christmas, Spike started to get really sick. Mama used to call Spike "pudge" because he had a big belly. Boy did that guy love his food. Well, for a few weeks, Spike stopped eating, even the yummy treats. He didn't move around a lot and he wouldn't play with me. I tried to take care of him and keep him company, but he was really sad. Mama took him to the mean (you'll see why) vet. They told her that it was probably nothing too big and that they could run some blood tests. The mean vet could see that mama was really worried so she talked her into putting a feeding tube into Spike's neck and said that it would solve the problem (and give them tons o' money). So mama left Spike at the vet and the next day they called and said he had leukemia and they had to put him to sleep. I had never seen mama so sad. Mama and stinky got to bring Spike home so I could say goodbye and they could spend some time with him. When they took him back and stuck him with the needle, the mean vet put him in a box like he was trash and gave him back to the mama. Boy was she mad! Well, I did not understand what had happened to Spike and I was very vocal about how upset I was that he did not come home. That is how Jonah came to live with us. Jonah was a little older when mama and stinky found him at the SPCA. I think he must have been treated pretty bad, which would explain why he such a chicken. He doesn't like to talk about it, though, so I don't know the whole story. Mama and stinky made sure that Jonah was tested for leukemia before they rescued him. They had me tested, too, and we both checked out. Now here we are living in a much more quite suburb with lots of windows and sun spots. Well, that's our story!

14 Comments:

Blogger Hot(M)BC said...

Aw, we's furry sorry to hear bout Spike. We's sendin yall purrs and headbutts and purrayers. Spike's not feelin sicky no more over the Rainbow Bridge, at least.

~~ Sanjee, Boni, Mini, Pepi and Gree

2:16 AM  
Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

Poor Spike! My vet is nice, no matter what Bonnie says. An now Jonah has a good home, too. When I dopted Mom, she tooked me to the vet first thing fur tests afor I met Bonnie. The vet called me a "keeper," which scared me, but she let me go home wif Mom. And here I am!
PS our vet TRIES to be nice to Bonnie, but Bonnie's fussy.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

glad you're all safe now

2:34 PM  
Blogger Diva Kitty said...

Hi Auntie Katie, Izzy & Jonah. Purrs.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Beau said...

So sad about Spike! I'm trying to get email addresses of all the cat bloggers for general emails and if there's a problem like DaisyMae, we would have a way of contacting you. If you don't mind, please send me an email address. I will not give it out without for ANY reason without your permission first

10:01 PM  
Blogger THE ZOO said...

hey guys we tagged you for the tag game go here http://cole200.blogspot.com/ to see how to play

12:11 PM  
Blogger THE ZOO said...

ohh or just clicked on out name. duuhhh. wes having a blonde moment

12:12 PM  
Blogger Kimo & Sabi said...

We wish you a furry happy, healthy, safe, snuggly, flea-free, Temptations-filled New Year!

5:05 PM  
Blogger Riley & Tiki said...

That is a terrible vet. At least Spike doesn't feel sick anymore, but it should have been up to your Mama to decide if it was time for Spike to go to the Bridge. Some vets put kitties to sleep just for having leukemia, but with proper care they can have happy lives. They probably won't live to be old kitties, but they can be happy kitties.

We are glad you found Jonah and that you two are both healthy.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Zippy, Sadie and Speedy said...

Come back, please!

7:20 PM  
Blogger adam said...

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is

1:43 AM  
Blogger THE ZOO said...

Happy Boxing Day.

We hope you haded a grate Christmas.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Kimo & Sabi said...

Happy New Year 2008! Are you still blogging? Let us know . . .

5:17 PM  
Blogger weluvpets said...

We weren't able to locate your email address that why we made this comment post...

Congratulations! Your website has been hand selected and
recognized by Pet Supplies Place to receive our 2009 -"Cool Cat Site of
the Day Award" !

Your cat related blog was chosen by our webmasters, to honor your hard
work and dedication in providing a quality website.
Requirements:
1)Excellent Quality Content.
2)Website Ease of use.
3)Great blog that all shall read.

Show off our appreciation and display your award on as many pages of your
site as you wish, by following the directions on the link below:

To Claim Award Click Here


http://www.petsuppliesplace.com/award/cats.html

***Attention*******Free Pet Website Link Directory (Great Web Traffic)****

Great News! Our Pet Services Search Directory is receiving great traffic
{25,000 Unique Visitors} from Google, Yahoo & Msn, feel free to add your
website at any time.

To Add Your Website To Our Pet Services Search Directory:
Click
Here Add Your Pet Website

http://petdirectory.petsuppliesplace.com/padvertise.html

Thank You For The Opportunity To View Your Great Website,


Keep Up The Good Work,
Marie R.
Owner
Pet Supplies Place.Com
a Soy CandlesBaby & Crafts Company

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home